The MFF Blog

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Polarized sunglasses

As all anglers know, we sometimes have to brave the wind and the sun to go fishing. Thus, a good pair of sunglasses will help keep the bright sunlight out of your eyes. A good pair of sunglasses with polarized lenses would be even better, as they actually allow you to see into the water by eliminating the glare. Take a look at this page for some explanations and illustrations.

There are many brands of sunglasses out there, but much fewer choices if we only want the polarized type. In Singapore, one option is to buy a cheap one that costs about $30 (e.g. Skyline) off the shelves from a petrol station and the other extreme is to buy a branded one that costs a couple of hundreds (e.g. Oakley) from an optical shop.

I was agonising over which to buy (there aren't many options in between) when I saw these in the Sevenseas tackle shop in Bungsamran during our last Bangkok trip.

















They come with a soft pouch with belt straps.




If my memory serves me right, they cost 1350 THB, which converts to about S$56. The design looked alright to me and they sit pretty well on my noses (better, compared to the really cheap ones), so I bought  one. They have served me well for the last few months, having accompanied me on trips like the last one to Pekan (I was wearing them in my photo with the baby cobia).

All in all, I certainly don't regret buying them. But when I have the moolah to spend... it will definitely be a different story!



0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin