The MFF Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

St John's Island Trip

Notice that I did not name this post as a CR, this is because we caught nothing. Yup, a big fat zero for both of us (not counting the baitfish and sotong caught for bait)! Sianz...

There were a total of 9 anglers on this trip and we spent 36 hours out at sea - moving from spot to spot around St John's Island and all the way to Raffles Lighthouse. The potential was there but maybe we had used up our fishing luck at the kelong and should have waited for it to be 'recharged' before going on another fishing trip so soon? Haha...

Anyway, it could also be due to the food on board that affected my mood. Now, I'm totally ok with the dishes concocted by any boat's cook or deckie - which is usually something like fried vegetables with a chicken curry for lunch. So when I was told that the organiser would be doing the cooking, I obviously expected the same standard right? However, saving some money is not a good reason for me to eat plain porridge with assorted canned (sodium and preservatives overload) food!!






















Plain porridge with: canned chye sim + chye poh + canned mock meat with peanuts + canned fried fish with black beans + preserved beancurd


Sorry peeps, call me fussy or whatever you want but I'm never going on boat trips again with this organiser. Unless I'm the one doing the cooking... Hehehe....


0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin