The MFF Blog

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Cr - 28/08/09 PRPP

It's always a torture when anticipation doesn't lead to fulfillment right? So after the pathetic attempt on Tuesday evening, I could not resist checking out another pond. As our loyal readers would know, we are pretty much 'car-less' right now, so the obvious place to go was PRPP.

Actually the name has changed. But I'm used to the old name and everyone knows what I'm talking about, so let's just leave it at that ok?

It has been so long I've not done pond fishing on my own that my heartbeat was slightly elevated throughout. In fact, I behaved like a complete noob, and made an ass of myself. As I was the only female angler there, my unfortunate bloopers did not go noticed. :(

I had a take the moment I tossed my peeled prawn in. 'Woohoo!' I thought, and I haven't even paid the money! My drag was set pretty high and soon, a kilo plus Grouper appeared. Giddy with happiness and excitement, I decided to forgo the pliers and simply lift the fish up.

And... PLOP! It struggled, managed to shake off the hook, and fell right back into the pond. Sob... It didn't help when my 'audience' from the opposite of the pond gave a collective 'Aiyah!'

Ok, there's more, but I'm going to retain some shreds of dignity in front of my reader and shall just sum it up with a photo.

















1 Gao He, 1 Ang Kuey & 2 Kim Chews

All the above fish were caught in the first 2 hours - about 5:30 to 7:30pm. With the last hour a very quiet one. Despite having to save up for the many overseas trip, I believe this pond is worth my time. So... I think I'll be back... :p



0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin