The MFF Blog

Monday, August 31, 2009

Tongkat Ali anyone?

Q. What is as hard as wood and as straight as a... ermm... wooden pole?
A. Tongkat Ali (Ali's walking stick)

Okok... I know I sound silly.

Tongkat Ali extract has been touted for years as a natural testosterone boosting herbal supplement. *Wink wink* However, it is not the trunk of the tree (which really looks like a long straight pole!) that is used - it's the roots.

Anyway, the reason this plant is making an appearance here today has something to do with the fact that I'm a coffee drinker. Whenever I go overseas (Eg. Permas Jaya tackle shops), I tend to look around for unique food and drink not available in Singapore. Thus, I would always cart home a couple of special brands of instant coffee.


































The above are just 2 examples of well known brands of instant coffee manufactures, but with 'flavours' not found in Singapore. In addition to the 3 (coffee/creamer/sugar), you see ginseng, Tongkat Ali and even Misai Kucing (Cat's Whiskers) added.

These coffee do smell and taste different from the usual ones, but I have no idea if it is due to the herbs or other flavourings have actually been added?

No matter what, I don't feel any difference even after drinking these everyday. Maybe it's different for the guys? Hehehe...

Let me know yah? ;p


0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin