The MFF Blog

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Rainy day at Bottle Tree

We were there today yesterday at Bottle Tree waiting out a heavy thunderstorm. There is no doubt at all that the monsoon season is here! Time to chiong the kelongs, people!

Anyway, the reason for our presence was not the fishing, nor the prawning, but paintball. WT joined Desmond and Neil for a paintball session at Red Dynasty in Bottle Tree. The three of them all play Counterstrike, so it is not surprising that that they would be interested in this somewhat similar activity.

















Bang, bang!



However, being someone who hates confrontations and 'violence' in any form, I had no choice but wait outside. I did consider prawning for the duration of their game, and went to check the prawn pond out. I saw that they had an 1 hour package for $14.50, but when I noticed that the prawns caught were rather small compared to the usual ponds I frequent, I decided against it and ended up feeding the local population of mosquitoes.

A word of caution for anyone who is coming over to this paintball place as spectator - bring lots of strong insect repellant! I donated quite a bit of my blood to the voracious mosquitoes there! :(



0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin