The MFF Blog

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Kawaii desu ne!

There's simply no other way to describe what I'm talking about, but to say 'These are so cute!' These Japanese fishing lures may or may not catch fish, but they have already caught me....

Introducing the Nekogurumas(貓車). Manufactured by 疑似餌工房 (The Lure Workshop), which apparently also makes lures in the shape of vegetables, these lures are described as 木製貓形鉛筆疑似餌 (Wooden cat-shaped pencil lure). They are 11cm long and weigh 14.5g.









Miaow, miaow, miaow!

















These lures will float on the surface, that's why they come with 'double' instead of treble hooks.



Next up is the Jitabata Araikun (wriggling raccoon) by Zeal. These plastic raccoons have such big soulful eyes that I was hooked before I realised what happened. This pink specimen with white embellishments is a 1999 design that measures 7.2cm and weighs 13g.

















Bring me home, pretty please?


I have no idea how well all these freshwater lures will work, and am actually very curious about it, but you are probably not going to see me at the reservoirs testing them out anytime soon... They are too cute to be used!



0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin