The MFF Blog

Monday, September 28, 2009

Testing of cutesy lures

While we were at casting practice yesterday, I could not resist testing the action of my new lures. :P Thus, my pink Jitabata Araikun and black Nekoguruma both had a quick dip in the waters of the Upper Seletar Reservoir.

The Araikun is said to be an effective lure despite it looking like it belongs to a childrens' cartoon. So as expected, it wriggled enthusiatically when I did a fast retrieve. Looking at the Araikun shaking its cute butt, I could not help but smile... :)



There was no need to work the lure at all - the design of the lips made it effortless for the lurer.


The Nekoguruma, however, was not a good choice as a lure (or maybe I didn't work it right?). There was minimal action at the tail and sometimes it looked just like a stick of wood floating across the surface.





No matter! My 3 nekos were meant to be 'pampered pets' at home all along. Could I succeed in getting the big toman we saw surfacing occasionally to take a bite at the Araikun though? Hehhehheh...

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin